The Intempco LTX22 is a capacitance level sensor designed for modulating level control of liquids in metallic tanks. The probe is normally installed in a steam boiler, or metal tank where it is grounded through the process connection, the boiler tank forming the reference ground. It can be used in a non conductive tank if a grounding rod is provided.
The probe measures level by measuring the change in electrical capacitance as level changes in the tank. The micro-processor based electronics convert this capacitance change into a linear, highly accurate output signal. This signal may be used with one or more electronic modules to provide level control, level alarms, and/or outputs to a building management system.
The LTX22 is available with an enclosure and installed electronics or an enclosure and remotely installed electronics in a NEMA 4 box. The connection is made via coax cable. Remote electronics are a preferred choice for higher ambient temperature applications.
- High pressure/temperature design for steam boilers
- Transmitter housed in rugged aluminum head or remotely
- Continuous loop powered 4-20mA operation
- Microprocessor Based
- Accuracy 1% of span for constant dielectric of material
- Non-interactive zero and span calibration
- Calibration accomplished with 4 push buttons
- High pressure 1/2″ & 3/4″ fittings available
- Ceramic clad inner stainless probe design
- High pressure/temperature steam boilers
- For level control in building management
- Water and water-based liquids.
- On-site calibration required
- Not recommended where material dielectric changes
- Tank must be conducive or grounding may be required or see other Intempco level probes.
- Do not use in high vibration/shock applications
- Read “Safety Information” carefully in LTX22 instruction manual as operation in steam boilers is a very serious matter
Please call us at (800) 446-4316 or contact us here for more information on capacitance level switches, other level sensing equipment or for any other process variable control needs.