When the LTR53 series radar is turned ON in a system having a clean separation between oil and water (no water droplets in the oil) , the radar gets a reflection from the oil-water interface that gives current output proportional to the oil-water interface level. The echo from the oil-water interface is masked and the radar is forced to go to higher power to detect echo from top of oil. The output current alternates between oil level and oil-water interface level. Special parameter in software changes alternating time between the two level output signals.
If water is present in the oil the radar does not penetrate oil and shows the current output proportional to the top of oil. When heat is applied and separation happens the radar starts showing two current values; one from top of oil and another one from oil-water interface.
- Explosion Proof For Class I, Div.1, Groups B, C, D
- Self adjusting tracking radar ideal for oil-water interface detection
- Programmable calibration
- Output 4-20mA/20-4mA
- Output sequences between interface level and oil level
- Optional RS232, RS485 for communications with calibration, diagnostics & data logging software
- PLC compatible (Modbus RTU)
- 3-wire DC
- Petrochemical Oil Water Interface
Please call us at (800) 446-4316 or contact us here for more information on level sensors for oil-water interface detection, other level sensing equipment or for any other process variable control needs.